Brief resume below...
Small business Owner
President of Wrench Time, Inc.- supply information for maintenance and engineering
“Weber’s Thermodynamics Notes”.( book 2013) “
Wrench Time – Using the RPM method to manage maintenance.” (Book 2005)
UPTIME magazine “ Rev up your Maintenance Management” (Jan 2008)
UPTIME magazine “ RPM + RCM = Reliability” (Jan 2016)
Laws of Energy (Sept 2017)
Manager of Manufacturing Engineering – responsible for the engineering and maintenance departments. Applied the “RPM method”; resulting in an achievement awards on behalf of a team effort for “Reduce machine downtime from 20% to 2%”. Increased production line by 30% through new in-house designed equipment. Scrap rate approached zero. A division that went from “red” to “black”.
Power Industry ( coal and gas fired )
Senior Plant Engineer…Design, supervised installation and start-up of new control logic to increase reliability and maintainability. Control system projects included:Turbine controls…(2) 450 MW steam turbine and (2) 300 MW combustion turbineBrine Plant…Coal Handling… Air system… Sludge conditioning…Flyash… Precipitator… SCR CEMS (Continuous Emission Monitoring System)… Scrubber… Coal Handling
Bulk Material Handling Equipment..
(stacker reclaimers , barge unloading / loading, conveyor belt systems, vibrating feeder, etc.)
Senior Field Engineer / Construrction Manager– start-up of customer’s asset in all industries (International travel). . Responsible for subcontractors and construction personnel on multimillion dollar construction site during installation. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and controls engineering skills requiring only one engineer on site .Crew size varied from 4 to 55, both union and non-union personnel.
(Strip mining equipment…Draglines, shovels, wheel excavators, overburden drills, etc.)
Mechanical Engineer - participated in the necessary modifications to coal surface mining equipment. Developed graphic presentation of equipment modification with emphasis on interchangeability of parts and installation procedures.
- Apply sound Engineering principles to design… Meet OSHA and EPA Process Safety Management requirements while maintaining costs
- Teacher … Ability to share my extensive knowledge with other people. Mentor for young engineers.
- Versatility … Ability to design and manage all aspects of an engineered project with a strong background in mechanical, electrical process and control engineering.
- Over 40 years of industrial education taught by the thousands of maintenance and construction people throughout my career. Working knowledge of PLC, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and electrical.
- Control engineering…familiar with;
- DCIS…. Foxboro, Emerson Ovation, WDPF, Wonderware, etc.
- PLC… Modicon, Allen Bradley, Omron, GE and etc.
- Various control diagrams… SAMA, ladder, etc.
- Mechanical engineering… process design, PI&D diagrams and machine design
- Electrical engineering… familiar with electrical diagrams and control cabinet design
Registered Professional Engineer